Business Development Representative at High Growth Software Company
Our client is a high growth software and services company delivering robust loss control and safety solutions to the world’s leading insurance companies. With over 100 plus customers in North America and growing, they continue to expand their market presence and establish themselves as the market leader in its space.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to act as the liaison between our clients Marketing and Sales teams. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales targets. Previous experience in a customer facing role within the Insurance industry is highly desired. You will use your communication skills to uncover new relationships with customers, and potential sales opportunities. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Engage multiple stakeholders throughout the organization by inviting them to various webinars and online demo’s
- Present our company to potential clients and uncover their needs and pain
- Initiate and manage various email and outreach campaigns
- Initiate long-term trusting relationships with potential clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market through a variety of channels, email, phone, LinkedIn etc
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Manager or similar role
- Customer Facing experience within the Insurance industry highly desirable
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BSc degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field