We are consulting for our client in the retail tech space, who is looking for a Director of Sales responsible for the end to end Mid-Market and Enterprise selling motion including: pipeline generation and sales generated leads, sales qualified opportunities, deal negotiation and closing, renewals and expansion.
As the sales leader, you will work closely with marketing to drive demand generation, sales enablement and aligned positioning and messaging. You will work closely with the product team to communicate product requirements/customer requests to influence roadmap direction. You will also work closely with customer success to ensure a white glove end to end customer experience.
We are looking for people who are excellent at creating, managing and over-achieving sales forecasts, maintaining metrics/KPIs and able to adjust as needed to achieve success. We are looking for people who are passionate about changing or revolutionizing the way we learn about and buy products online and creating a sales organization that scales as the business scales.
- Create pipeline generation engine
- Define target market and qualification criteria process with marketing/strategy team
- Create and manage to a quarterly sales forecast and adjust actions as needed to make and exceed quarterly sales
- Regularly communicate quarterly sales forecast, strategy, and practices to Senior Leadership Team, the broader team, board members, and advisors
- Work with marketing to fine tune demand generation campaigns, messaging and enablement needs
- Committed to understanding the market and competitive landscape
- Process to communicate requested new product requirements from customers and prospects
- Partner with customer success to ensure customer are delighted from sales to production to renewal
- Understand, work toward and maintain product market fit
- 4-7 years experience selling software solutions to Mid-Market and Enterprise businesses ($50m in revenue or above) ideally in Beauty & Cosmetics, Consumer Electronics, Fashion & Apparel, Food & Beverage, Home Furnishing domain
- 4-7 years experience selling to the CMO/CCO
- Excellent solutions-oriented seller, communicator, storyteller, presenter, ‘white border,’ and listener in front of c-level execs, technical executives and data engineers
- Intense, strong disciplined, self-motivated - to execute well in a fast paced startup environment and to a quarterly quota
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quota in SaaS solutions
- Proven ability to negotiate complex commercial contracts and maintain competitive pricing
- Proven commercial success in working with executives, VP and ‘C’ level
- Ability to think strategically, out of the box and make complex decisions
- Experience building a sales teams and a repeatable selling motion
- Experience managing BDRs and inside sales teams (nice to have)