Our financial services client is looking for a Senior Quality Control Manager to permanently join their team. Reporting into their AVP, Mortgage Operations. the Senior Quality Control Manager will be responsible for leading an end to end strategy that will address operational quality & control risks. This position plays a critical lead role in the risk management of the business as it relates to securing valid enforceable security on every mortgage and ensuring full adherence to the client's policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
The individual will work with the Operations Management team in achieving business objectives by ensuring appropriate remedial action takes place to improve operations in areas with identified weaknesses. Key stakeholders include internal/external auditors, risk management, compliance, regulators and senior management.
Part of the department’s success is its strong and collaborative relationship with the client's other departments, particularly Sales, Credit, IT and Risk, while still maintaining its independence to be able to make appropriate decisions regarding mortgage funding risk. As the day-to-day face and decision-maker of the team, the Senior Quality Control Manager must lead by example and continuously foster effective relationships within the organization. This role is responsible for defining, documenting, implementing and assessing the department’s controls and processes to ensure full compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and our client's policies, including Privacy, AML, Complaint Handling and Legislative Compliance Management (LCM).
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Create, implement and maintain a new Control Framework for the client's Operations. Ensuring there is an end-to-end view relating to quality and control which includes all files from credit to funding;
- Assess the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and compliance processes;
- Create a procedures catalog and ensure annually maintenance;
- Be the face of operations for all audit related matters with internal and/or external partners;
- Implement a risk-based heat map so there is adequate awareness on day to day operational risks;
- Play a leading role in risk management by ensuring Operations has valid enforceable security on every mortgage and ensuring full adherence to the underwriting policies and procedures and regulatory requirements;
- Be responsible for defining, documenting, implementing and assessing the department’s controls to ensure full compliance with all regulatory requirements and their policies, including Privacy, AML, Complaint Handling and Legislative Compliance Management (LCM);
- Lead for internal and regulatory audits involving Mortgage Operations, Credit requiring regular interaction with internal audit and regulators;
- Ensure that all operations control gaps and findings identified in an audit are addressed in a timely manner;
- Report, document and address all risk or compliance incidents that are the responsibility of the Mortgage Loan Originations team in accordance with their Incident Management protocol;
- Report to Senior Management on Operational Quality & Control issues, including open audit findings and associated action plans;
- Cultivate a culture of performance and thought leadership that values individuals and interactions over process, while striving for superior operational quality;
- Ensure processing is completed within the parameters of their regulatory requirements, defined policies and guidelines;
- Be a champion for training, coaching, and development for each member of the department;
- Change agent and advocate for enhanced use of technology to drive scalable efficiencies;
- Develop and maintain comprehensive written procedures for all processes and associated functions.
- University Degree and 10+ years’ experience at a Canadian financial institution in mortgage processing and administration;
- Strong collaboration, presentation, written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven ability to lead and influence teams;
- Collaborative leadership style with a growth mindset and who proactively leads initiatives;
- Lean processing methodology experience;
- Direct experience and involvement with internal/external audits and OSFI reviews;
- Working experience with project methodology;
- Seasoned negotiator experience;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and efficiently adapt new concepts;
- Ability to work independently and know when to make decisions and when to
seek input from others;
- Ability to speak French is an asset.
Don't sweat it if you don't have everything listed above. We believe in growth and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe this is the position that will make you excited to go into work everyday, then we want to hear from you. The application cannot be done by emailing or calling it; it must be done online. Your application will be kept confidential and qualified candidates will contacted by a member of our team to discuss further. Thank you for you interest!
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for, that's okay! Continue to visit our hob board to see the positions we have available.
Good people know good people! Please refer your friends and we will consider your referral seriously.
To view more jobs, visit http://linkus.catsone.com/careers